I'm a little late, but better late than never! Dawson turned 4 months old on Friday! Where has the time gone?? It's amazing how fast it's all gone by, but at the same time, it feels like forever ago that he was born. He is growing at an alarming rate these days :) Sometimes when I pick him up in the morning I am surprised to see he looks different. I am beginning to notice so many new things about him. I need to keep better track of these things! One thing he has loved to do since he was born [it seems] is stand! He has such strong legs! I remember them kicking me too lol. He rolled over from his stomach to his back early- around 8 weeks! At first I didn't really think of it as a milestone, since it was the weight of his head toppling him over, but apparently it is! I guess a baby has to be able to do a "mini push-up" in order to topple over, so that is the milestone :) I have found him sleeping on his stomach a few times recently, which means he is capable of rolling from his back to his stomach, but I have yet to witness this. I have seen him try, though. This week, Dawson started putting his arms over his head! It's so cute to watch. We say "So BIG" when he does this :) He also loves to play peek-a-boo. Things Dawson is into these days are: sitting [straight] up (no more leaning back for this baby!), playing with toys (this involves his Exersaucer, which he loves, and grabbing and reaching for things), talking (babbling, cooing, laughing and giggling), Skype (he loves to talk to his grandparents!), and my favorite, drooling and puking! He goes through our entire supply of burp rags in 2 days and manages to dirty 40 bibs in 3 days- AMAZING. Prior to being a mommy, I never imagined I would need so many bibs!!
Dawson still does not sleep through the night {sigh}, but he does eat and go right back to sleep, so I can't complain too much... I am just getting so tired of feeding him every 3 hours! He goes through spurts where he will wake up every 4 or even 5 or 6, but they are few and far between, and more often when I am working. Go figure! I am starting to wonder if I am feeding him too often during the day. I am going to try to push his feedings to every 4 hours instead of 3 and see if that helps. 8-12-4. That's what I am going to try... then maybe we can either get rid of the 4am feeding or combine the 12 and 4 am feeds at 2am. We'll see lol.
We took Dawson to the pediatrician on Thursday for his check-up. He seems to be on par with everything, which is nice to know. He weighs in at 15lbs (50th percentile) and is 26.25in (90th percentile) long! Tall and skinny, just like his mommy and daddy :) His eyes are still very blue and his hair is still questionably blonde- some days it looks really light, others it looks like it may be darkening, and the days in between, it's a shade of red or sandy brown! Who knows what color it will be?!
We are still cloth diapering, and I love *almost* every minute of it. He hasn't worn a disposable in a long time. The most frustrating part of cloth diapering is what to use at night. Dawson is a heavy wetter, so he leaks a lot at night. The past week or so, we have done a good job with only one change. Hopefully my new system will continue to work. I hate having to change him in the middle of the night.
Well, that pretty much sums it up! I'll put up a few new pictures when I get the chance. I am at work now :)
3 comments:
Let me know if you find a night time diaper solution! I also give a thumbs down to changing during the night =(
Our overnight choice so far have been good ol' Thirsties, prefolds and sometimes a booster too... they never, ever let us down!
Have you tried hemp inserts at night? We use those, plus a wool soaker and that keeps Buttercup dry for 13+ hours!
I do have some... even last night with 2 hemps inserts and a mf insert in a pocket we got a small leak... but not with our bamboo AI2 with a hemp insert. I wish I could fall in love with wool... but I'm not there yet. I think the pockets are just not working!
Post a Comment