Pages

February 18, 2011

9 month stats

9 months... already! D had his appointment this morning. He weighs in at a whopping 19lbs 1oz (which has dropped him to the 25th percentile) and 30 inches (which is the 95th percentile). I'm annoyed that his head is only in the 5th percentile... I *think* it's because of that suture closing early- the front part of his head is still a little more narrow, which probably throws off the measurement (this is what I am attributing it to lol.... it's just like a newborn with a conehead). Anyways... he is a happy, healthy boy. He loves to wave, clap, cruise the furniture, climb on his mommy, and eat! He is still sleeping 12 hours at night (8pm-8am), takes 2 naps during the day, nurses 4 times a day, eats real food 3 times a day, and still only has his 2 bottom teeth. His top two want to come in soooo bad haha but they are just being stubborn. Our spitting up days are long gone (thank God!). Starting next week, I am going to take him to daycare for the days I need to sleep. This wonderful lady I met through a mutual friend is a neonatal nurse practitioner of 20 years who wants a break from the hospital. She and her mom and opening an infant only (up to 2 years) daycare- so 4 kids max at one time. I'm not loving the extra money and the "daycare" rules, but I am loving the consistent care. No more sleepless days for this momma! I think Dawson will enjoy the social interaction too.



image signature

3 comments:

Nikki said...

12 hours a night?! I don't even sleep that long and I'm childless!

Zwickl Family said...

oh my goodness Dawson's adorable!

I can't wait to meet you in our mentoring session coming up. And, I'm following you now. :)

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Can I just say that I'm super jealous he sleeps from 8pm-8am. Can you have him call Bennett and let him know that getting up at 5am is unacceptable. :)
Oh and YAY for no more spit up!! You'll be saving quite a bit of time and money on laundry, now. He he.