Can you believe it?!?! Dawson is
one!!! How did that happen? haha. Wow. Time flies!! While my little man naps, I figured I would try to update on all the things he does these days.
- Words he speaks: mama, dada, baba, nana, ball, bye bye, what's this?
- Words he understands (besides the above): shoe, bink, fan, nose, mouth, car, milk, cup, bath
- He has been walking since 10.5 months and prefers walking to crawling! He is trying to learn how to climb (figures) and can go up the stairs!
- He wears mostly 12mo and 18mo, though he still fits some 9mo and wears a few 18-24mo sweatpants! size 4 and 4.5 shoes
- He still nurses every morning, and when I am home, up to 3 other times... before he goes to sleep. Otherwise, he drinks whole milk :) I would say he drinks about 10-12oz of milk and 8-10oz of water (sometimes mixed with juice).
- He loves, loves, loves to eat! He loves fruit and eats straw-, blue-, black- and rasp- berries; bananas, kiwi, and applesause. He loves spinach haha, green beans, corn, and broccoli. He eats chicken, beef and pulled pork, black beans, pasta (esp mac and cheese!), eggs... and loves everything cheese (block cheddar, mozzarella, cottage cheese). Pancakes are a new breakfast fav, as well as peanut butter off the spoon! Seriously, he eats everything :)
- He is still pretty bald, though his blonde locks are growing in... curly!
- He is still in cloth diapers... which we love... thankfully because he will turn red after only 3 hours in a Pampers!
- He still sleeps from 8pm-8am ish... sometimes a little earlier or later. He takes 1-2 naps... it's totally random, but most consistenly from 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm.
- Dawson is the sweetest boy... he loves his mama very much :) He loves to give hugs, eskimo kisses, and snuggle when he is tired. He is very pround of himself when he finds new things... most recently my tennis racket! He will carry it around the house for quite a while. And, of course, he still loves his ball!!! Or balls... all 6 of them!!
- He goes to a small daycare 1-3 times a week- mostly 3 times one week and once the next (if I pick up extra, he goes 3 times that week). He loves going there and enjoys playing with the other baby (it's just him and one other right now). He spends the rest of the weekdays with me and every other weekend he gets his alone time with daddy (since I work every other weekend).
- His one year dr appt is on Friday, so I will update with his height and weight! I am guessing 22lbs and 31inches :) Can you say string bean?!

No comments:
Post a Comment