Pages

April 12, 2012

Confirmed Ovarian Ectopic

Just like the title says, my OB confirmed today that there was pregnancy tissue in what they sent to pathology. Because there was no disruption of my tubes, they have concluded it was an ovarian pregnancy. In case you don't know, you have a 0.15-3% chance of having one of those. Whoo-hoo. Don't I feel special! I already fell in the bottom 3% with my miscarriage. My OB is fairly certain the 2 events were unrelated. Because of that, we'll proceed with caution and try again in a few months after I have a couple of normal cycles. Once I get a positive test, we will test my hcg to make sure it's rising appropriately and we will do an early ultrasound to confirm an intrauterine pregnancy. We will pray the next time yields a baby! If not, I get the whole work up... Something I hope never needs to happen.

No comments: