After going to the lab, we went out to lunch. I was still pretty crampy but felt well enough to eat something. After lunch, we went home and I went to bed while Dawson napped. Kyle had to coach his soccer team at 1 and had to work all night after that. I prayed the sleep would make me feel better. I woke up at 2:30, tried to use the restroom, and nearly passed out. I had to lay on the floor. Thankfully Kyle came home soon after to change... Only I had him take me to the ER instead. I knew something wasn't right.
They did all the normal things when I first got there; drew some blood. Then, they ordered the ultrasound. I tried to watch the tech, but it was hard to see. She seemed to focus in my ovaries a lot. I saw areas of bleeding, but I didn't know if that was normal or not. I got the vibe that something was wrong.... She seemed antsy. Soon after she left, the Dr broke the news. There was a lot of blood in my abdomen. He made it a point to tell me it went up to my liver (ie. " a lot"). Because of the bleeding and because I was so early (only 5 weeks), it was hard to tell if there was an ectopic or not. Because of all the bleeding, they were making that assumption.
I was scared to death. I couldn't show that, because if I didn't keep my cool, Kyle was going I lose it. I have always been afraid of surgery. I'm sure most people are, but I just know too much. They worked on getting my IVs in and calling in the OR team. We were ready to go about an hour later. I woke up in recovery. I felt pretty good... In a little pain but not too much. I wanted to see Kyle. The nurses told me that my tubes were intact! There was no 'obvious' ectopic, but I had bilateral ruptured cysts. One was 2cm and one was 4cm. They sent off stuff to pathology to see if anything had fetal tissue. He explained that it could have been an ectopic that blew out of the end of the tube. Until pathology came back, there was no way to know for sure.
After surgery the tested my hcg levels. The next day they went down by half and down another half the day after. Either it was ectopic or I had miscarried with all the stress. I stated in the hospital for 3 nights. I learned more about surgery than I ever wanted to know. Moving sucks, referred air pain is the worst pain I have ever experienced- put me in tears and made it hard to breathe, foley caths hurt like a SOB coming out, pain meds are awesome for pain and for sleeping, and being on bed rest for 2 weeks sucks. My OB told us we needed to wait 3 months before trying again. I don't know I I'll be able to do that. I hope we get more answers.
I never had a history of cysts. I had no risk factors for an ectopic. Have 2 cysts rupture at the same time is rare; 2 cysts during pregnancy would indicate twins; I have one set of twins in my entire family. If there was an ectopic, what are the odds of having a cyst rupture in the other side? I was really early for an ectopic to rupture. My hcg levels fell fast like an ectopic would... Or maybe being so early they fall fast too? Am I at risk of having cysts now? I know your risk I ectopic goes up by a lot; are my tubes ok I there was an ectopic? Should we test to find out? I was worried about miscarrying everything if that's what was happening... I started my period, but it's been on the lighter side. Not like I would expect a m/c I be. I took a pregnancy test this morning, which was very very faint, so that gives me hope that my levels are near zero.
So many questions. So little answers. All I wanted was a baby... Thank God I have Dawson.
No comments:
Post a Comment