- Dawson will finally have a room to himself. It was never a big deal when he was a baby, but I am so excited to decorate a little! I will post pictures when we are moved in, but basketball and tractors will most certainly be present :) I am keeping everything simple... no overboard crazy stuff. We also plan to keep most of his toys out of his room so he doesn't play instead of sleep.
- We plan to transition D to a toddler bed. His crib converts, so we don't have to buy anything, but this step is long overdue. I think he will love it!
- We will have an office! We so desperately need space for our computers and my sewing machine. Plus, we just have stuff that doesn't belong in the living area! Yay for organization!
- We'll have a fenced in yard! I love that we have a small yard here in our townhome, but the back isn't fenced, so it's practically useless to Dawson. Our new place has a deck and a yard. The sucky part is that the majority of the yard has brick pavers down, which is a major negative... but we can plant grass on the side yard. That will be a project to undertake very soon. The owners are also leaving their kids play house! Dawson will have a blast this summer!!
- The garage is not a tandem! I loathe our tandem garage. Enough said :)
- The master bath has a soaking tub. Again, enough said!
- There is a half bath downstairs. What a concept! No more running upstairs to pee lol. This will also help with trying to potty train Dawson. I plan to try the 3 day marathon once we get settled.
- We will also have a small front yard with grass and a covered porch. This excites me :)
Aside from the pavers in the back yard and the location being out of Issaquah, there really aren't many negatives to this house. I am not super excited about the laundry room being downstairs. Who wants to lug their stuff up and down the stairs? The master bath also doesn't have a door. This is how it was in my AZ house, too, but this house has a huge window. That window is going to let in a lot of light when I want to sleep during the day! We'll have to come up with a solution for that, as well as the huge bay windows in the bedroom. I may find myself sleeping in the spare bedroom when I work lol.
I'll update with pictures once we get settled! We have 10 days to get moved in, so hopefully we don't end up with a big mess. This should be an easy move. I hope.
1 comment:
Yay!! I'm super excited for you!! We love having extra bedrooms, a backyard and a side-by-side garage. Oh and the half bath downstairs is glorious, I have no idea why anyone would build a 2 story home (even a townhome) with no bathroom downstairs. That's so dumb. Anyway!! You will actually be closer to us (I think)... so that is a big plus as well :-) Happy moving!
Post a Comment